Monday, February 9, 2009

Too many projects???

I currently have four projects on the go and I want to start some more. I have the disease Starteritis. It doesn't seem to want to go away. Starteritis is when you want to start more projects. It's pretty common with knitters. It just sneaks up on you. You see something you like, you buy the yarn, then you want to start it while you have other unfinished projects that need to be finished. I just need to have stronger will power.

The four projects on the go are as follows:

1. Noro strip scarf (Brooklyn Tweed) which I'm 3/4 finished. I'm almost there. I just love how the colours change. I have more Noro yarn waiting for another scarf.

2. Monkey socks (Cookie A) that I started a few months back after a retreat I went on. Cookie A was one of the instructors at the retreat. I'm using yarn that was dyed just for the retreat by Lorna's Laces.

3. Green Gable (Zephyr Style) in which I'm working on the body. I'm using silky wool blend yarn by Tahki Yarns (Savoy). It's coming out nicely, but knitting in the round for the body is starting to get a little boring. I just need to keep it up. I really want to finish this so that I get to wear it before winter is over.

4. BMFA 2009 Rockin' Sock Club - Sock #1 (Queen of Beads) - I'm very excited to work on this as the pattern uses beads and is designed by Sivia Harding.

Oh, and I finished Amy Swenson's Emerald sweater a few days ago. I am in LOVE with it. I was pretty hesitant with the colour as I thought it was a bit lighter green than I had wanted, but it turned out pretty good. I also used less yarn then the pattern called for. It called for 11 skeins for a size small, but I only used 7 skeins in total.

I will have pictures up, hopefully, in the near future. If you are on Ravelry, you can check out the pictures there under my profile 'motherof2'.

No comments: